HEALTH CARE AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in the synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among them. Matthew 4:23 The main functions of the department: By Praying:
The health care and community development project was launched in the year 1991 as a part of the Relief and Development Department. During the initial years it provided medical care to the poorest of the poor in the slums. Doctors of our churches volunteered along with our ECI Nurses to help conduct these camps. It mainly concentrated on the curative aspect.
Health Care and Community Development Department evolved as a separate department in the year 2013. The aim of this department is to encourage people to be healthy, to know how to stay healthy, to do what they can individually and collectively to maintain health and to seek help when needed.
The main functions of the department
Prevention of Disease and Health Promotion
Future plans of Health Care and Community Development Department
How you can get involved:
1. Pray for the medical team, to serve the sick and needy with skill, compassion and love.
2. Pray for sponsors to uphold this ministry financially.
3. Pray that the healing touch of God will be felt by the people that we serve.
1. There are around 3500 pastors and Christian workers working with us. It cost just Rs: 130 ($ 2) for general health check up of an individual.
2. We intend to do health check up and health education for 4000 school children. It will cost a miter amount of Rs: 150 ($ 3) for each child.
3. Each mass health awareness camp will cost Rs: 25000 ($ 403)
4. We require a LCD projector with screen for health education purpose. This will be useful for power point presentations, and also for showing short videos regarding health. It cost Rs: 43,000 ($ 693)
5. A vehicle to transport the health team to remote villages and slums. It cost around 5 laths ($ 5000)
6. Towards the purchase of medicine for the poor people, we require RS: 5000 per month ($ 80).
1. You can form a team and visit us to conduct free medical camps.
2. You can get involved in training the school teachers.
3. You can volunteer to conduct health education programs for the public as well as for school children.
The main functions of the department: